SoTL Canada is a special interest group (SIG) of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. The SIG pages can be found at http://www.stlhe.ca/special-interest-groups/scholarship-of-teaching-and-learning-canada/. Please browse our pages for information and consider joining the SIG!
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) has at its core the goal of improving student learning. This is achieved through scholarly inquiry about learning, about teaching, and about how to best make public the resulting findings. SoTL Canada provides a targeted opportunity for SoTL scholars to form a community to share findings and challenges, engage in opportunitites for broader dissemination of SoTL work, and consider ways to catalyze SoTL initiatives at the institutional, regional, national, and international levels.
Please share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues, share your best-practices and post information about new opportunities on this site.
Goals of SoTL Canada
- Engage in a community of practice of SoTL scholars for the purpose of shared resources, research, and problem-solving regarding SoTL issues and questions.
- Create and contribute to multiple approaches to the dissemination of scholarship about teaching and learning in higher education.
- Collaborate on effective approaches to building a SoTL culture at institutional, regional, national, and international levels.
- Serve as a resource and mentoring body for those seeking SoTL information and support.
- To advocate at all levels, based on the above, for the importance and value of SoTL in enhancing post-secondary student learning.
*Picture courtesy of University of Western Australia Student Services